Highland Abkhazia. Season 2021-2022
The best snow of the Caucasus. Accommodation on the subtropical coast. Eurocopter AS-350B3.
6 nights in a 4* hotel / 5 hours of flying time / 6000 EUR for Standart and 9500EUR for Private package
The 4* Abaata hotel is located in the the historical part of Old Gagra, just half an hour of driving from the Sochi airport. It offers accommodation in comfortable double or single rooms with sea or mountain views. The hotel has its own park, with tropical plants, a beach and a restaurant of national and European cuisine on the hotels territory. The helipad is located directly on site.
Our guide will meet you at the Sochi international airport. On our way to the hotel we will cross the Russian-Abkhazian border. Usually it takes about 20-30 minutes. Foreigners, depending on their citizenship, may need a dual or multi-visa of Russian Federation, as well as a visa to Abkhazia (issued upon entry). Please contact us in advance to prepare all the necessary documents.
We offer you two types of heliski packages:
Standart package – 6000 EUR per person
2 groups of 4 guests each / one helicopter working with two groups
5 hours of flight time per each group
1 guide per group
Private package – 9500 EUR per person
one group of three guests / one helicopter
5 hours of flight time per group
2 guides per group
Included in the price:
– 5 hours of flight time per 1 group
– 6 nights in 4* hotel – double accomodation + breackfasts
– transfer from airport and back and all local transfers
– certified ski guide for each group;
– rent of avalanche equipment (ABS backpack, shovel, transceiver, probe)
– lunch and water on Board during heliskiing
– invitation for Russian visa
The price does not include:
– flight to Sochi and back (aprx. 300 EUR from Europe);
– lunches and dinners in the restaurant (average check is 15 EUR per person);
– alternative activities during downdays;
– single accommodation (from 300 EUR);
– additional flight time (2500 EUR per hour for the helicopter/one hour).
– Russian double or multivisa
Mountaineous Abkhazia is one of the best places for Heliskiing in the Caucasus: a huge territory, varied terrain, great snow! Here you will find everything – from wide endless fields to excellent tree skiing or steep couloirs. Finally you will explore the amazing untouched nature of Western Caucasus!
During this program we will have five hours of flying time. Under normal conditions there are two – three full days of skiing and apprx. 20 unforgettable runs.
Helicopter: Eurocopter AS-350B3 manufactored in 2013 and very good mountain pilot.
Vertical drop: 600m – 1400m per one run.
Number of runs per day: 7-15 runs depends on the group and weather conditions.
Skiing area: landing at the altitude of up to 3000m, super alpine zone and nice forest skiing.
Heli time calculation: per minute, the time is calculated from the beginning of the blades rotation and stops with its stop.
(may vary depending on the weather)
Sunday – meeting in the Sochi airport, transfer to the hotel, meeting with the guides, welcome drink and discussing the program.
Monday – An avalanche training. Day of heliskiing.
Tuesday – Friday – heliskiing.
Saturday – end of the programm. Transfer to the airport and flight home.
In case of bad weather
Or after the exhaustion of the flight time (5 hours) we will offer you alternative programs:
– ski touring or split boarding
– freeride with snowmobile access
– freeride on one of the resorts of Krasnaya Polyana
– tracking and sightseeing programs in Abkhazia
– gastronomic tours
Booking and refund
To reserve a place in the group, you have to pay 30% of the price of the program. The rest of the amount is paid no later than three months before the start of the program. To book a program, please send your request by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone +79388684868 (administrator).
Refusal of the program, regardless of its reasons, is possible:
– 3 months before the start of the program with a penalty of 30%.
– less than three months before the start of the program with a penalty of 100%.
No penalty is provided if the participant who abandoned the program found a replacement.
In case of not usage of helitime (5 hours per group) due to bad weather we will return money at the rate of 1500 EUR per hour per group.
We guarantee a 100% refund or transfer of the program to other dates in case of force majeure circumstances. These include natural disasters, civil unrest, epidemics, decisions of public authorities that make it impossible to carry out our program.